27 May 2018

Spending time in Heaven doing good on earth


Ste Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897)
I have recently finished the chronological chapters of 'L'Histoire d'une Âme' by Ste Thérèse of Lisieux. I am most fortunate to have a beautifully illustrated first edition of the French original that I will be reviewing shortly. It has been translated several times into English: 'The Story of a Soul: the Autobiography of Saint Therese of Lisieux'.

Two of the books that played a very important role in Ste Thérèse's short life were:

'Le Manuel du Chrétien' and

'La Fin du monde présent et mystères de la vie future' (1881, Abbé Arminjon).
 
One of my most prized possessions is a 1921 edition of the Manuel (in French and Latin). I have French and English editions of the work by Father Arminjon ('The End of the present world and the mysteries of the futire life'). I aim to include short reviews of these two works in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment